Darcy, Collins, and Bingley | Summer 2015

July 11, 2015



We have three American Alpine goats that were pregnant and they all recently kidded! Three bucklings and one doeling. The kids are the sweetest things are are absolutely irresistible when they run and play together in the pasture. Last year our only goat at the time, Lady Jane Grey, had two little doelings, Cecily and Philippa. This year, we bred all of them. Lady Jane had two twin bucklings named Mr. Collins and Mr. Bingley (names from Pride and Prejudice). Philippa had one buckling named Mr. Darcy (again, name from Pride and Prejudice) and her sister, Cecily, had one doeling named Alice.

 Mr. Bingley
 Mr. Collins
 Alice
 Mr. Darcy



 Oh dear, it's sprinkling! Mr. Darcy decided to hide under his mother, Philippa







Mr. Collins is on an adventure!

5 comments

  1. Adorable! Darling pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goats are just the sweetest! The farm where I work has a few but they are big, looking at your pictures of these baby goats make me want to hold one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like Pride and Prejudice as much as me? Cause I've obsessed and I could never get bored of it :D. But I feel bad for the goat named Collins xD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, friend!
      Oh yes. Who could ever get bored of Jane Austen's novels? I am currently enjoying
      Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre' also!
      I loved checking out your blog!
      Sophia xx

      Delete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.