Glass sea creatures | corning museum of glass

July 17, 2016

7.17.16

This one was my favorite.  Just look at that detail!
We went to the Corning Museum of Glass with some friends recently and saw these amazing little sea creatures made of glass!  I made sure to take lots of pictures.  Apparently, the guy who made them temporarily kept these live creatures in his lab to study and then release, but before he released them, he made glass copies of them.  We were all amazed by the amount of detail in each specimen.  Can you even imagine how long it would take to make these? 

I thought these vases were just too cute!




















16 comments

  1. the fourth one looks amazing!!

    xo,
    leila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just incredible? :D

      Delete
  2. That is just amazing. Wow. So very beautiful.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Tane! They are beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Esther!

      Delete
  4. I love these (and basically anything marine, hehe.) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marine stuff is pretty cool! I thought these really brought it to life. ;)

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh, these are all SO COOL. I absolutely love glasswork :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Dorothy and I love glass-blowing, it's a fascinating (not to mention b--eau--tiful!!) process with dainty flare, and creative thought. (Ha! Sounds like I'm an expert on it!! *puffs out chest with wise grin*) xD

    That looks like an awesome experience!!
    Miss you, gal!!

    Amelia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Milly! Glassblowing is really amazing to be sure. :)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous18.7.16

    Ugh, sorry---I was signed in on Ava's account, and for some reason it's not giving me a choice to show my email/name etc...
    This is Amelia by the way :p !! (Like you didn't know from my writing. ;)

    Amelia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, don't worry about it! <3

      Delete
  8. I love the new design! Very very pretty and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new design! Very very pretty and appealing.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.