Baptism weekend!

August 29, 2016



the goblins
all dressed up!
ringing the bell (I'm the one in the white and red poppy dress) ;)
talking with Father Leo
the godmothers (left: me, right: Sarah)
all tired out!
lovely cake #1
a friend writing silly names on the cups 
grandma
pappy
uncle phil
ian
andrew

lovely cake #2
hiking
the lookout/jumpoff
teaching kids how to play tag LOL
kite flying
its tempting to name everyone off to you . . . but no, that would take all day. ;)

*Thanks for contributing photos Sarah, Mom, and Aunt N!*

Beatrix was baptised on July 10th!  (sorry about the late post, folks!)  The weekend was just a blast.  Our cousins from Canada came two days before and we put on a play with them, a usual affair when we get together.  The script was inspired by a ghost story told by me in the tent when they were here the previous night, and all the cousins insisted on thereafter calling my ghost stories "scilarious stories" as they were both humorous and scary!
After Mass at Beatrix's baptism, we headed up to Ontario County Park for some fun.  There were multiple swing sets, slides, etc . . . along with a little trail to a lookout, and we ate pizza and lots of cake in a pavilion after several rounds of freeze-tag.  Overall, it was a very memorable and fun day -- one I won't forget in a hurry!  Most of the pictures above are of family, though there are a few of some close friends.  Can you find me in the pictures? XD
I hope these photos entertained you a bit.  Have a lovely rest of your summer, or start of your school year!

8 comments

  1. So wonderful!!!! (THE SANTORAS HAVE CHANGED LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!! XD) lol XD *sly grin + wink-wink*)
    Those pictures are awesome! Beatrix is a happy baby---a good sign she didn't try during the baptism!!! lol
    Man, which I could have been there for freeze tag!!!! (I had no idea that you ran on free will! LOLOLOL)

    Miss you like crazy and can't wait to see you in TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!!!
    -technically it's one and a half months, but who CARES!!!!! We're still going!!!! XDDDDDDDD

    Amelia
    -You probably could have guessed because of all the caps ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milly, you make my day!! XD
      Haha, they have changed! So glad you enjoyed the post. <3
      Bea is such a happy baby -- she's so easy!
      Yes, freeze-tag is quite fun. It felt so good to run!

      I miss you bunches too, girlfriend. <3 <3 <3 I can't wait to see all of you! We are going to have so much fun!!
      Lots of love. <3

      Delete
  2. Aww!!! I love these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos! Your dress is so pretty.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tane! That's sweet of you to say. <3

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful photos! And I am soo happy and excited! Another human being, another wonderful creation saved from sin and bathed in the life the love, and the blood of Jesus! Baptisms are so amazing. By the way, are you Catholic?Please forgive my impertinence. I wondered because I am a Catholic myself, and the church Beatrix was baptized in and Fr. Leo's vestments look Catholic. I don't wish to cause offense or hurt in any way, so you don't have to even answer me if I have.
    ~E

    scribblingpencils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Esther! I appreciate you gentle manner in saying everything. :) I am indeed a daughter of the Catholic church! You did not offend me at all, and I am so happy to have met another Catholic blogger! <3

      Delete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.