DIAMONDS

September 01, 2016

The girl was the only one who had noticed it.  As her eyes lit upon its shimmering, seemingly insubstantial form, she studied it with searching eyes.  It was nestled in-between two rotting logs of pine glinting in the surreal sunlight of the forest.  Surrounding it were tall stately trees -- pine, maple, and oak.  Yes, she was the only one who saw it there strung across those logs.  It was a spider's web, small and insignificant, but she was one who noticed those kinds of things.  It moved in the gentle breeze, waving back and forth.  And then, there in her eyes, I saw something so different from anything I had ever seen.  
The sky darkened as the sun set over the hills across the dark valley, and there I stood holding a fragment of I knew not what in my hands.  It glistened and sparkled a pale blue as if inset with gems.  The gossamer strands holding it together caught my attention, for I then realized it was the web, the one I was caught in.  



9 comments

  1. these are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Ellie! <3

      Delete
  3. I think I shed a tear. Just. AHHHHH

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bunches, Noor. That means a lot!

      Delete
  4. Just love it!! The writing was magnificent and so were the pictures!!@ :D
    Keep it up!! XD

    Amelia xxxxxxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Milly! That means the world to me. <3

      Delete
  5. *ahem*, sorry for the @, it was meant to be an exclamation point......

    Amelia
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.