symphony of silence

November 03, 2016



It must have been a meaningless life I led before you came along -- one full of fruitless promises and words.  And then, that fateful day when I saw your face in the midst of a crowd, I realized how small and helpless I was.  That meeting was not an accident, for He saw that I needed your presence, He knew how I have cried myself to sleep every night for years.

Now, I think of you when I dance, partnerless at the ball.  
I think of you when I sing, a silent symphony without your song.  
I think of you when I glimpse your photo on my wall and I stumble, longing to hear your voice, -- your laugh -- of which you are self-conscious, once more.

How many times I've wished I could have thanked you when you stood there fighting by my side.  So I thank you now, knowing I might never get another chance.  
Thoughts are useless.  Why does this runaway-train of a mind keep going back to the scene of you walking alongside me, watching myself tell you that you wouldn't want to know my story, wouldn't want to know who I really was.  I know you don't think as much about me as I do of you, but sometimes I don't even care as long as you're here. 

The wild feeling envelopes me now as I cling to that quiet, enchanted darkness.  It's a feeling of wanting to scream and laugh simultaneously, to run and jump, to be deserted by energy, to be powerless against a will stronger than my own.  I don't know what I hear now, so I shall keep futilely straining to hear through this symphony of silence and sound of the waves.  

10 comments

  1. Oh Sophia!
    How do you manage to put into words all my thoughts and feelings?? I don't understand it, but I am glad of it. Thank you so much for sharing this!
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Esther! That is really sweet of you to say & means the world to me. I am so glad you liked it -- I was wavering over posting it because of just how raw it is, but I thought I could trust you guys. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Goodness gracious, Sophie. I'm not going to jump to conclusions--because this poem could mean a lot of different things. But the thing that stood out to me most was beautiful. I am so thankful for you, and reading your small posts but full of a thousand words. Please keep doing it--

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a meaning in mind when I wrote it, but I agree, it could definitely mean a ton of different things. Ooo, which was your favorite part?
      Wow, Amelia. You seriously have no idea how much those few words mean to me. I am so thankful for YOU and for you taking the time to read my little blog. I shall keep doing it -- thank you for your encouragement. <3

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Sophie! I love the title.

    Grace of golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! You're the best.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful words and photos! Thanks for sharing your heart here - you're an inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jessica. That means so much to me. Thank you!! I am so glad that I am inspiring -- that's my mission here in the blogging community. <3

      Delete
  5. HOW DO I WORDS WHEN YOURS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND ASDFGHJKL

    CAN'T HANDLE IT
    MY HEART
    <333333333

    you're magic ok

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.