Q&A answers

December 29, 2016

Questions from Mira:
What are your favorite books?
I'd have to say Gone With The Wind, the Chrestomanci series, and the Flavia DeLuce mysteries. I also recently started Anna Karenina and am really enjoying it.

What is your favorite genre of books?
I don't really have a certain genre that I like particularly, I just like a good story with a firm plot. Murder mysteries, old romances, historical fiction, adventures, and science-y related stuff.  Anything good.

Do you do any activities? (sports, theater, etc?)
I did an great theater group for three years about two-ish years ago, but we had to quit that. I now do Greek 102 and Nature Study with some friends—but that's about it. :)  I am not naturally an outgoing person, so I sometimes have trouble with that sort of thing. ;)  But hey, I'm getting better! ;)

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Christmas cookies are always good . . . unfortunately, ours usually all get eaten weeks before Christmas. ;)  Hehe, and I love eating tacos for dinner on Christmas eve.
So yes, you get my drift—basically all the food-related stuff. ;)

--

Questions from Grace:
What is your favorite thing to do on a lazy Saturday afternoon?
Work on one of my novels or draw while listening to a good book.

--

Questions from Abbiee:
Waffles or pancakes?
Waffles!!

Unicorns or dragons?
Unicorns . . . ?  Ahh, too many descisions!! ;)

Favorite time of day?
I like the cheerful lighting in the morning and the feel of afternoon. Evening has always depressed me.

Favorite season?
Autumn by far!

Favorite word?
Don't make me choose! :P Furtive, precocious, spiffing, ubiquitous, ahh too many to count!

--

Questions from Parshall Family: 
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Wisconsin/Michigan, Nova Scotia, or Iceland.

Who are your favorite fictional heroines? And why?
Scarlett from Gone With The Wind because of her uniqueness. She really isn't like any other character I have ever read about. Also, Flavia DeLuce (of course) from Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie because she is so resourceful and loves chemistry. And Jane Eyre because she is so shy and quiet and brave, but gets a happy ending anyway.

If you were stuck on a desert island, what are the 3 artistic mediums you would want to have tools for, to keep you busy? (i.e. paints/paper for painting, needles/yarn for knitting, etc.)
Prismascolor pencils/eraser/paper, watercolor paints, and does a notebook and pen for writing count? ;)

--

Questions from Amelia

What's your favorite type of pizza?
Bacon and pineapple, all the way. ;D

--

Questions from Paige

What would you want to do for a living? 
I dream of being a novelist. :)  Recently, I have been looking into nursing a bit, but I am still undecided.

Do you crochet? 
Yes, I do actually!  And quite well if I do say so myself.  Here's a link to my Etsy shop—these particular things I knitted a little while ago. 

Do you have pinterest? 
Yes!  Here I am.

What is your favorite animal? 
Toucan :)  And any other type of avian creature.

Favorite color?
I'm very capricious when it comes to favorite colors.  Lately though, I have been liking different shades of peach.

--

Questions from me for YOU - answer in the comments
- What is something you miss?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What color eyes do you have?
- Do you have any pets?

--

Thank you all so much for your questions.  It means a lot to me that you took the time to do that.  They were all tons of fun to answer and I hope to do another Q&A sometime in the future. :) 
Thanks also for everyones comments on my blog lately.  You really don't know how special it makes me feel every time I see a new comment from a sweet follower.  I don't think I say enough how much I appreciate all of you spending a portion of your day here on A Lantern In Her Hand.  This little blog has grown so much this past year and it is truly all because of your unfailing encouragement and support!
Thanks again.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and cheers to a fruitful 2017 ahead!! <3

Joseph cut down the tree all by himself!

5 comments

  1. This just made me miss you even more.
    Okay, me: *scrolls downs and reads super awesome, mature questions* me: *scrolls down a little more and sees--'What's your favorite type of pizza?!'. Oh yeah, I got that in the proverbial bag.

    You wanna know what I miss, Sophie? You REALLY wanna know?---(I'm just going to imagine you saying yes right now...): I miss our fabulous friends in New York--(oh, uh, do you happen to know them? (GAAAASP) YOU DOOOO?! That's great, they're totally fab, right??! All the goats and the chickens--*sigh* astounding.

    Um, extrovert, *duh*

    Actually, this question has oddly been debated upon many a time. A lot of people say I have hazel eyes, then someone said I have BLUE eyes, and then everybody else says I have green. When I see my eyes, I see them as being an olive-green/gold color. :) Pretty cool, right.....XD

    Yes! One pet! Ahhh, you know him--he's a total chicken--(literally, I don't know if we told you this or not--but he is scared. (--) Of our chickens.)

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I miss you girls so much too, sweet Milly. <3
      Yup! But I love you for it ;) I mean, who doesn't want to know what my favorite kind of pizza is?! ;)

      I had a feeling that's what your answer would be! ;) Yes, those NY friends -- they're just way cool. Especially that one named Sophia . . . I mean, she is just fab. ;) LOL

      Duh ;)

      That's so cool!! Man, my eyes are just a super dark brown . . . nothing to spectacular ;)

      I had no idea that Gram was afraid of chickens!! That is absolutely comical! XD Poor thing. But come on, chickens are pretty scary creatures, right? ;)
      Thanks for the comment and question! <3

      Delete
  2. Ah, so loved reading this!
    I have green eyes. (So boring)
    I'm really missing my little sister that died last year, (a still born) and my aunt and grandpa that passed away this year.
    We have a bird as a pet! (And lots of farm animals!)
    Umm,I'm both kind of, an extroverted introvert! But more of an extrovert I guess. What about you?
    Lovely pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed it.
      Not boring at all! Green eyes are lovely. :)
      I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I share in your grief. <3
      Yay, birds are great!
      Awesome! I am an introvert, I think. :)
      Thanks for answering the questions!!

      Delete
    2. Your welcome! Awe, thank you!
      Thanks! It's so good to know that God doesn't make mistakes! <3
      Yes, they are!
      Okay, I guessed that!
      Your welcome, again! :)

      Delete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.