Journaling Up and Away

January 07, 2017

My journaling this past year really took off.  I think I ended up with about three journals in December and started my next one on New Years Day.  Page after page has been filled with memories and special moments, scraps of paper and ticket stubs.  I can't even count the number of times that when I am struggling I have run to my journal for help.
I didn't keep a journal for the longest time.  The last one I had was when I was about eleven but I made a bee-line to recycle it as soon as I finished it.  But at the beginning of 2016, I think it was in March, I started one and am so glad I did.  There are definitely ways in which I don't like having a journal because it makes me feel trapped to "have to" write in my journal to feel better sometimes.  And yet in so many other ways, I feel so much more free . . . such as when I want to stop re-thinking something over and over, I'll just write about in my journal and it's like my journal digests it for me.  I have problems with just simply letting things go, so my journal has been a big relief for me.
Below are some photos of the journal I just finished in December and at the end of the post there are two photos of my new journal.  Sorry for the awful lighting . . . I took these photos at 10:00 at night on New Years Eve. ;)

What are your thoughts on journaling?  
Do you keep a journal?

"sophia noelle"-- that's the regular me -- and "miss finch" is my nom de plume which I sometimes write in my journal using when I am writing about my novels and such
my painted skies poem which I am very proud of
one very fat journal ;)
my newest journal

10 comments

  1. I love the journal! I personally have never been huge into journaling but I love reading posts like this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  2. I always journal, every day! I just keep a regular one though, like a diary. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!! :)
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's so awesome. I love that you journal so much, and it's inspiring for me to do the same thing! I want to start writing in a real journal. Right now I just have a virtual journal (on my computer since it's so much faster), but it doesn't seem quite as sincere.

    And I love that you put movie tickets and pictures and such in there. That's such a neat idea. Thanks for sharing! :D

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have inspired you, Katie! Journals are such a great way to unwind, and I didn't even realize it until I just dove into the journaling world. You should really try it!
      Yes, it's also definitely a great little scrapbook sort of thing and I enjoy looking back through it and seeing all of the things I have collected. Aww, no problem! Thank YOU for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh! That's so cute Sophie! I totally get how you feel--AND OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS I started my journal on New years Day, toooooooo! Well, it was 3:30 a.m., so I was really tired--and I look back at it and laugh because of how wonky the entry it because I was so tired! XDDDD

    My thoughts on journaling? I really enjoy it, unless I'm in public and Dorothy gets all 'AMELIA! WHY DID YOU BRING YOUR JOURNAL HERE???!!!' And of course everyone looks over...but she's a dear. Didn't mean anything (ha. Ha. Ha.). ;p

    Yes, :) I do journal (obviously).

    Amelia xx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Milly!!! Haha, glad I have a kindred spirit in this!! It's so hard to define, but I'm glad you understand.
      Oh my goodness, that's so funny! Haha, that "wonky entry" sounds worth a read . . . ;)

      I totally get you. ;) Annika does the same thing. ;)

      (Obviously) ;) LOL

      Delete
  5. I have both a bullet journal and a diary. They can be hard to keep up with (well, the diary can), but it's totally worth it!

    By the way, I don't know when the blog name change happened (maybe it happened a month ago and I was too swamped in finals to notice, lmao), but I love the new one!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! They are definitely hard to keep up, but I think once I get into the routine of journaling, it's not quite as difficult.

      Yes!! Haha, don't worry, it only happened like last week. ;) Thank you!!

      Delete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.