Cinnamon Braids {baking}

March 03, 2017

I think being a food blogger would be super fun!  Today I baked some delicious cinnamon braids using the recipe from our most recent Taproot magazine.  They turned out really well and were incredibly fun to make.  I must say, braiding dough is ten times as fun as braiding hair. :)
Below I scanned the recipe for anyone who's interested.  Personally, I don't think there was enough sugar in the dough, so if you do make them, definitely add double the amount.  I sort of assumed the finished braids were supposed to taste like a pastry, but they almost were more like a bread.  More sugar!! :D
I also modified the recipe by adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder rather that just 1 which was what the recipe said.  I felt like they should rise a bit more.  They turned out great!
These would taste good glazed as well!  If you haven't ever made a simple glaze, it would be easy to google and uses only three ingredients: butter, milk, and confectioners sugar.  Yum!  Glaze the braids after they are baked and cooled.

. . . waiting for the rolls to bake . . . 
Also, Mom went into surgery this afternoon <3

10 comments

  1. YUUMMMMM! Those look sooo good, I will def have to try them sometime!!! And ikr? I've braided dough a couple times and it was so much more fun than doing hair!!!! =D
    Awesome post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Yes! I wonder why that is? Maybe because hair is slippery??
      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Haha, maybe. Hair has so many, ya know, hairs! And it's like 'how do I get them all properly the same way?' But yeah, lol.
      Your welcome! <3

      Delete
    3. P.s.
      I've been praying for your mom and family, I really hope that everything goes well, and for a quick recovery!! <33

      Delete
    4. Yes, that makes sense! Totally!
      <3
      Aww, thank you so much, Paige. That means so much. <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Super cute pictures! I could practically smell the cinnamon. XD
    I am so excited to make these (if I do), good job!

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amelia! They were so good. :D
      Yes, you should!! They're super easy!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I can imagine being a food blogger would be fun! So much torture for the rest of us though, because those cinnamon braids look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! <3

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.