Thai or Indian??//dad's vote//mother's day

May 24, 2017


For Mother's day (well, technically our celebration day was on Saturday because we had relatives over for Sunday), we headed up to the artsy little city of Ithaca and went to a booksale, got ice cream, and dropped by Sew Green—the arts and crafts shop.  At the booksale I got
~ The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley (which I cannot believe I still don't own!!  SUCH a good book) <3 
~ The Spoils of Poynton by Henry James (never heard of it, but it looks fairly interesting . . .)
~ The Aspern Papers by Henry James
~ The Moorland Cottage by Elizabeth Gaskell (I've been wanting to read this one for forever)
~ Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell

I didn't find a ton of good stuff considering that last year I got about 20 books (NO JOKE). xD  But I'm happy with the ones I did find.

Purity has the absolute best ice cream.  I got salted caramel as usual.  I need to get out of that habit and try something else though lol . . . maybe something crazy like bittersweet. ;D
On the car ride home, right after we got ice cream, I had just finished mine when Joseph turns to me with his giant waffle cone of salted caramel (I say, Purity really must have no idea how big one scoop of ice cream should be) and offered it to me.  I was so full, but couldn't resist anyhoo. xD  My poor poor stomach. 

So at the Thai place, as the waiter was seating us he said to Sarah (who's 17), "The cocktails are on the smaller menu . . .". xD LOL  Okay then . . . ;D

Hope you all had a fun Mother's Day!

Also, this is a hilarious recording if you're interested. xD  Trying to make Dad vote either for going out for Indian food or Thai food.  I just had to record it. ;D
Also the really voice repeatedly saying, "Dad!  Dad!  Dad!  Dad!" That is Annika, not me. xD  



Joseph + Liam
Me, Annika, + Sarah
Girls selfie!
Me, Sarah, Beatrix, Annika, and Joseph

9 comments

  1. Stunning photos, as always! I especially love the one of the buttons <3 May I ask - by Ithaca, do you mean, Ithaca, NY? Have you ever visited Cornell University?

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellie!! Your comments are so great. <3
      Yup! Yes we have visited Cornell for sure! It's super cool. :D They have some pretty awesome greenhouses and such. :)

      Delete
  2. The vid says it's unavailable. :( But I loved this whole post!! It would be so much fun to meet you guys!! <33 You're all so sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh well that's embarassing!! xD Okay I just fixed it. It was still private. ;D
      AWW! I'd love to meet you too! Thank you! That's super sweet of you to say. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are gorgeous and that town is so cute--my family did some similar exploring for Mother's Day. Our adventure centered around cannolis and goldendoodles. :) I'll have to look up the books you got!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It is ADORABLE. <3 <3 <3
      That sounds awesome! Exploring is the best. Ooo cannolis are yummy.
      Thanks so much for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Haha! You didn't have to say it was Anni, I would know her voice ANYWHERE. xP LOL
    We have this great Thi restaurant in the Springs, but in New York, there is this even more amazing Indian place, so I can't decide!!
    This was so much fun, thanks for sharing!

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL Nope I suppose I didn't xD
      That sounds super awesome. Both thai and indian rock. <3 <3
      Absolutely! Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  5. I just CANNOT for the life of me pick favourites out of these pictures!!!! I just love them aaaall!!!??! AND THE RECORDING!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! You all are so adorable.

    For mother's day we made all the meals for mum but we couldn't do anything else. Our car is just a truck and its not even a normal sized one so we have to squish. Personally, love riding in the back and NEVER ride in the cab if I can help it, but mum doesn't like us to be back there. For some crazy reason like safety or something!! ;P XD

    I also LOVE your new picture in the little "about you" place!!! I should really do a picture for my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.