Harriet//my new bike

June 09, 2017


Heyo!  
This is Harriet, my new bike!  She is a Specialized Ariel and I got her last month.  I tested out two bikes at the bike shop—this one and a Trek.  The Trek was nice, but it was a men's bike and the proportions were a little weird on me.  So I ended up with this one!  It's AMAZING.  The gears are incredible and I can now get up all the hills I previously struggled with one my little dinky yardsale bike.  I knew I was strong enough to get up the hills and I just couldn't understand why I couldn't.  When I got this new bike, I realized it was my gears that were making it harder than it should be to pedal uphill. xD  I now make way better time and have even been gutsy enough to bike to Naples (8 miles one-way) and Sarah's farmers market (11 miles one-way).  It's all good. :D  
I also got a new bike helmet.  I now only need a bike basket (to replace my milkcrate basket lol) ;D  
I think the total for the helmet and bike (which was on sale) was about $600, so I unfortunately totally drained my bank account and am even in a little debt.  Oh well. ;D

11 comments

  1. AWH. SHE IS SPECIAL. THE BLUES ARE ABSOLUTELY LOVELY. heart eyes all around, sophy girl. laughing because you drained your bank account but i bet it was worth it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cally!! I love your comments so much. <3 ;D Haha yes it was so worth it though. :D

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT! It's so much fun taking pics of a new bike! =D it looks so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love your new pic! You sure do love using big words, lol!xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! ;D It IS fun!! It's like photographing a model who doesn't move and it's rad man. :D
      Thank you so much! I'm really glad. :) Haha I do!! I freely admit it. People are always saying it makes me sound super formal and daunting, but honestly, whatevs. xD

      Delete
  4. Despite being a tiny bit in debt, riding a bike is so worth it! <3 What a beauty of a bike.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is so worth it!! A thousand times. Aww yes she's a beauty. <3 <3

      Delete
  5. That bike sounds wonderful! How many gears does it have? Mine has twelve. :)
    Oh my goodness, six-hundred dollars? That's a ton! But I think it was for a good cost now that you're broke, because riding bicycles can just be a dream. I really like the way Harriet looks, which reminds me I have to name my own bike! xP

    Amelia xxx
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see, I think it has 11?? Coolz. :D
      Agh yes!! I love biking. <3 What did you end up naming your bike?

      Delete
  6. Oh! I love it! I really need to buy my own bike...
    ~Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Bikes are rad. :D

      Delete

Don't be shy, please leave me a comment! ♥

© Lavender + Blue. Design by FCD.